Thursday 3 May 2012

Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in 'Cotton Candy' & 'Strawberry Shortcake' - Review & Swatches!

I don't know about you, but I just can't resist anything that is named after something to do with food or sweets. Whether it's clothing, perfume or make-up, if it's candy related it must be mine!
Admitadly it is what drew me to the lipsticks at first, before realising that they were the products I had been dying to test for a while!

Revlon are a well known makeup and beauty brand that provide top-quality products to a number of countries worldwide. Revlon are a brand that I personally trust, which gave me the insentive to try out their newest lipstick during a trip to my local Superdrug: A stick that not only provides a pop of colour, but is also designed to bring nourishment and moisture to your lips.
I don't know if it's because the products are called 'butters', but I love the idea of something making your skin feel so silky smooth and was curious to see whether I could achieve that feeling on my lips.

I decided to try 'Cotton Candy' and 'Strawberry Shortcake' because I loved how natural they were, and thought they'd work well for spring and summer. The plastic lid for the lipstick matches the shade, which I think is really effective as you can identify the shade quickly without having to look for the swatch on the bottom. I also like the fact that it's plastic so I don't feel so guilty just throwing it into my handbag!

Cotton Candy

First of all, how gorgeous does the stick look! A sweet pink with a slight sparkle. As you can see when it's on it doesn't look too different from my natural lip colour. It's as if it is essentially the same shade just enhanced slightly. This is the perfect shade if you want to go girly but not too 'Barbie-esque' with the colours.

Strawberry Shortcake

Now this is the shade to go for if you want a hot pink pout. Slightly brighter than the 'Cotton Candy' shade, this would be a shade I would choose for the evening or if I wanted to make my make-up a little more dramatic than my usual daytime natural.

It's quite disappointing how similar the shades are. On the swatches and even the lids of the tubes were more contrasting than they are on my lips. However, they are both gorgeous colours that suit a pale skin tone perfectly! 

They're really easy to apply due to the use of mango, shea and coconut butter. My lips felt impossibly smooth after application, so much so that I almost rubbed off all the colour just by constantly rubbing my lips together to feel how soft they were! Because it slicks on so easily be sure to apply sparingly and then build up, you don't want to waste it. Revlon claims that the lip butter formula enhances lip moisture by 156%. I don't know much about the percentage, but I know that if I continue to wear this, dry lips will be a thing of the past! 

The lipsticks are £7.99 and come in 20 sheer to medium colour shades (with names such as 'Fig Jam', 'Cupcake' and 'Gumdrop'!), so there's a perfect opportunity to buy one in every occasion without giving your bank card too much of a workout! You can buy Revlon's Colourburst Lip Butter at your nearest Revlon concession stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment