Monday 21 May 2012

Review: Good Things Five Minute Facial Face Mask

Ever since going on holiday, i've sort of become obsessed with spa treatments (I treated myself to a traditional Turkish bath, full body massage and hot stone massage!) and have since then aimed to find the perfect products to be able to recreate that experience in the comfort of my own home.

Good Things is a skincare brand that aims to provide quality skincare products to young people. Their philosophy is to educate in taking the appropriate steps to ensure that young skin has a great start in life. With a selection of cleansers, moisturisers and masks, it's great for people who are beginners in looking after their skin.
I'd heard great reviews on the 'Five Minute Facial Face Mask', and I have a weakness for the few hours following a face mask where you can't stop feeling how seriously smooth your face is - so I had to get my hands on this Five Minute Facial Face Mask. I was also curious to see how much difference it would make to my skin in just five minutes.



The packaging is absolutely gorgeous, the curls remind me of the doodles I used to do in the corners of the pages in my books at school. It's so simply labelled - no crazy vitamin names (apart from the sodium laureth sulphate listed as a 'free from', which is commonly found in soaps and shampoo's and can cause hair loss, as well as skin and eye damage!), which gives the indication that the product will be simple to apply and would not intimidate first-time users.

The mask contains superfruit extracts; an ingredient found in all Good Things products. In this product the superfruit is goji berry, which is used as an anti-inflammatory and is a natural skin energiser that keeps your skin soothed and energised. Other Good Things products use superfoods such as strawberries (and strawberry seeds!) and wild cherry extract which sound quite exotic, and it makes products much more appealing as they contain ingredients that are safe to eat!
 It also contains avocado oil which is rich in vitamins A, D and E which are great for keeping skin smooth and well moisturised.


The actual mask is really easy to distribute, but once it's on, it's on. It was completely dry within a minute, which is incredible, as most masks take at least twice as long and you have to wait for double the time to be able to feel the full effects of it. I accidentally left a little bit on my nails when I was spreading a thin layer (that's all it takes) across my face, and it was rock solid and was quite hard to budge. In other reviews it has been said that the smell is quite overpowering, but I disagree. When I was walking around my house with the mask on my mum had to back away from me, but I honestly didn't see the problem! It smells of berries and has a scent of the clay you'd find in face masks. I think it smells amazingly fragrant and it didn't bother me at all.

I cannot rate this product enough, my skin felt softer than it ever has done, and it was in just five minutes. Even though I cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day my skin felt cleaner than it ever had done. The product claims to brighten the skin and it definitely did, but that also brought the redness out in it aswell. It felt quite raw, as I had to almost scrub it off with a flannel. Once it had hardened it was quite difficult due to the thin layer, but once i'd patted my face dry with the softest towel I had, my skin calmed down and I was left with fresh, squeaky clean skin.

It is advised to use weekly, or whenever your skin needs a quick boost. Personally, i'd love to use it every morning as I think it would provide a great base for makeup, and the fact that it takes literally five minutes is almost unbelievable. However, I think this would be a great face mask to use at the end of the week to prep yourself for the week ahead so this will become a regular occurrence every Sunday, and for £5.99 it won't break the bank to work it into your skincare routine.
To apply, spread a thin layer onto your face - avoiding the eye area - after cleansing.Wait for 5 minutes for the mask to dry, then use a hot damp flannel to remove the mask.
You can purchase Good Things Five Minute Facial Face Mask at your local Boots, Superdrug and Sainsburys. You can also click here to visit the Good Things website and read up on other skincare superfoods!




Good Things Five Minute Facial Face Mask, along with other Good Things products are available at your nearest Boots, Superdrug or Sainsburys. Click here to view the entire Good Things range, and read up on superfoods!

No comments:

Post a Comment