Sunday 13 May 2012

Review: Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter in 'Peach Parfait'

I've already reviewed two different shades from this range (You can read here) but it was originally the 'Peach Parfait' that I wanted to try out. That was because the cover girl for the brand, actress Emma Stone (who is my favourite acress ever) was wearing the gorgeous peachy coral shade and it looked so nice on her.

See for yourself:

Source: trend911.com

Of course I am aware that the image has been digitally enhanced and obviously it wouldn't look exactly like that, but I was curious! However, I think other people had the same idea and I went back on numerous occasions and it had sold out. However, when I was browsing the make-up aisle for Barry M shade 154 (Review will be up in a couple of days!) I managed to grab the last one! 
 So gorgeous on Emma, so gorgeous on the swatch on the bottom of the tube .. but is it just me, or does that look nothing like either? There wasn't a tester of this particular shade available so this could have been prevented, but I wasn't expecting it to be a dark pink with flecks of gold.  Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely shade, but looks completely different?


 It seems more of a peach/pink in this swatch? The tube swatch and the image of Emma shows the shade being much more coral, orangey even. 


The shade seems like a darker, more glittery version of the 'Strawberry Shortcake' lip butter. However, comparisons aside it is a lovely colour. The sparkles make it perfect to wear in the evening, but the pretty pink is ideal for spring and summer days. The shea, mango and cocoa butter gives your lips total nourishment, leaving them as soft and supple as if you'd just applied Vaseline or Chapstick.

Overall, a lovely colour but incredibly misleading. Definitely a colour i'll be wearing again, but let that be a lesson to all of you .. if there's no tester, request one! It'll save disappointment and money if you're unsatisfied with the end result.  

You can purchase one of the 20 gorgeous shades of Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter for £7.99 at your local Revlon counter or concession stand.



5 comments:

  1. I like this :)

    I purchased Strawberry Shortcake yesterday and I really really like it. It is 3 for 2 across all cosmetics at the moment in Superdrug, not many lip butters left though!

    Amy :) x

    http://alittleboatsailing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know, I went a bit crazy on lipsticks for some reason! I really do love the lip butters, i'm hoping to get some more on payday :)

    Thanks for reading x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely color. I love Revlon's lipsticks. But I love Covergirl. I wouldn't mind trying a Revlon one though. I am interested in testing out a pink. I wear a lot of browns and red often, Pink would be a good different. A little bold though. Not sure if it would go with my skin tone. But wouldn't mind trying it. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lip butters! But same here, I was a bit disappointed with the Peach Parfait cos I saw It on Emma as well and wanted to get it and it looked so pretty! But I really did not like the shimmmer, and there $21.95 over here :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $21.95?! Wow, that's expensive! They are amazing, but for that price you need to be 100% certain! :) x

      Delete