Sunday 2 September 2012

September Obsession: Label. M Haircare!

A few weeks back I decided to treat myself to a trim at Westfield Stratford's Toni & Guy. While the cut and styling was great (Since then i've started to slowly grow out my fringe and have developed a middle parting), the products that were used were what made the trip worthwhile. I'm not the sort of person that gets roped into buying overally expensive salon products after they've been used on me, purely because i've found the I can't achieve the same salon results - but after a few weeks of dabbling and researching on various blogs, I decided to take the plunge and buy the four Label M that were used on me:

 


For those of you who haven't heard of Label M, it is one of the many haircare ranges created by the haircare geniuses at Toni & Guy.

Honey & Oat Shampoo (£11.50 - 300ml) & Conditioner (£14.25 - 300ml)
As you may have guessed, it smells incredible - the honey adds warmth and it reminds me of breakfast! As well as this, it left my hair feeling really luxurious and I found that I achieved the same results at home in my shower as I did getting my hair washed at the salon. My hair smelt amazing for hours, along with being clean, versatile and moisturised my dry split ends. You don't need a lot of product, but it's difficult not to go overboard once you pop open the bottle and catch the scent. It also contains sea algae and sea cabbage, which helps achieve maximum moisturisation without heaviness.

Blow Out Spray (£11.25 - 200ml)
I should have really photographed the two styling products the other way around as i'm reviewing them in order of application, but oh well.  This spray is excellent for adding lift and volume to hair, whilst protecting it against the heat of the hairdryer as well as harmful UV rays. Enriched with Jasmine, Ginger, White Lily, Juniper and Fig, this light spray is richly fragranced but doesn't overpower. I use this on my lengths and ends (after applying a volumising mousse to the roots), working it through damp hair with my fingers and then blowdry my hair upside down to add even more lift.

Sea Salt Spray (£12.25 - 200ml)
Sea salt spray has become an increasingly popular styling product over the past few years, thanks to its ability to easily achieve effortless beachy waves. This product out of the four is the one I am least impressed with, as I have found little difference between this salt spray and others I found, only that it protects against UV rays. I like to spray this through damp hair to add a bit of texture so it's not so sleek, or spray it at the root under sections of dry hair and give it a shake to mess it up, achieving a off-duty tousled look. 

Arguably pricey when bought in bulk, I know it sounds really cheesy but these products really do make me achieve salon-standard results after every use. These products are perfect for anyone who wants to turn their next hair wash into an intensely indulgent hair treatment!

You can purchase Label. M products from your local Toni & Guy or Essentuals, or online here.

*Click here to enter my giveaway to win a MAC lipstick in a shade of your choice!*

1 comment:

  1. These sound good! Btw i love the bedcovers aha :)

    Sophierosehearts, currently having an 100 follower giveaway! x

    ReplyDelete