Sunday 9 September 2012

Montagne Jeunesse's Blemish Mud Face Mask

It's got to the stage now where vegetarian skincare brand Montagne Jeunesse doesn't need an introduction or explination. I have done many reviews in the past of their various products, but I always get excited when i'm introduced to something new of theirs.

Blemish Mud is part of their Mud spa range and aims to brighten the skin whilst combating imperfections. As you've noticed I have pale skin, so any small blemish is noticeable so this masque is perfect for me.


Containing soothing Aloe Vera and Willow along with Witch Hazel and Rosemary, this product has a thick consistency (hence the word 'mud') which makes it quite difficult to remove from the packaging. It doesn't have a particularly nice scent, but to be honest this masque's aim is to target your problem areas, not to be fruity and fragrant so it didn't really make a difference. I'd also found that the masque was so thick that you could get away with stretching the packet to two applications. Instantly cooling, at soon as it was applied it felt as though it had been left in the fridge for hours in preparation - it definitely woke me up and the thickness felt really luxurious and indulgent on my skin!

After the 15 minute application time, the mud had transformed into a hard clay that made me look like a character out of 13 Ghosts when I tried to smile and loosen up the masque. It was relatively easy to remove, and my skin immediately looked brighter, felt smoother and was squeaky clean. It had definitely brought the redness out in my blemishes, but since application more blemishes have actually appeared - it didn't seem to help reduce them in any way. It is advised to be used weekly, but i'm not convinced after my first application that it has actually done anything. For just £1.09 its great for a general pampering masque, but i'm not overally satisfied with the results it promises.

I have been advised by Montagne Jeunesse to follow up this deep cleanse with a Cooling Cucumber Peel-Off Masque - so stay tuned to see whether this next product lives up to expectations!

You can purchase the Blemish Mud Face Masque for £1.09 at your local supermarket, Boots and Superdrug or on their official website here.

1 comment:

  1. I love these face masks, my mum swears by them too :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete