Thursday 30 August 2012

YSL Touche Eclat Highlighter

If you're at all interested in beauty products, you would have heard of the iconic Touche Eclat highlighter pen from YSL. A staple product in countless makeup artists, celebrities, models and everyday womens make up bags for the past 25 years, the pen has multiple uses - from a under-eye shadow banisher to an eyeshadow primer.

It's only been recently that the highlighter has gone from just three shades to ten, which was the main reason I didn't purchase the product sooner as even the lightest of the three shades was too dark. I decided to try this out alongside the new Touche Eclat foundation - which is basically the foundation version of the complexion highlighter pen. I was instantly matched to the lightest shade - 1- which accourding to the sales assistant is a shade for all skin tones.

Since its released 25 years ago, the packaging hasn't changed - its still a glamorous gold pen which the trademark YSL symbol stamped on the removable lid. The pen has a button on the end of the pen that releases more product onto the brush when clicked. I'm not usually one to purchase something for the brand, but the gorgeous YSL symbol does add an element of glamour to the product - an added bonus!




First of all, I just want to apologise for the poor quality of the photos. I've started to finally use my DSLR for my images and even though i've had it for a few years now i've never quite sussed out how to work it, therefore sometimes the pictures aren't the best - but i'm trying to improve, I promise. It's a really great handbag size, and the metallic gold finish allows me to quickly identify it amoungst the other products in my makeup bag. The brush (Which is originally white, but this is a long-overdue post so I've used it quite a lot before actually taking photos!) is extremely soft and distributes the right amount of product with just one pump.

When I first thought about purchasing this product, I thought it was simply a concealer. However, I was astounded by the multiple uses. I've swatched the product quite heavily, as obviously it being a highlighter its quite discreet but with an amazing healthy looking glow. I use it under my eyes as a concealer, down the bridge of my nose, in the little 'dimple part' of my chin and along my jaw line - but really you can use it anywhere you want to hide shadows and catch a little extra light.

I was instantly amazed at how vibrant and glowing my skin tooked immediately after application, especially under the eyes. Just a few dots of the pen followed by gently patting into the skin and it instantly iliminated any shadows I had! I can definitely see why this highlighter has been around for so long and adapted into a foundation, it's just a quality product that goes above and beyond simply highlighting cheekbones. It's so versatile and looks incredible paired with the YSL Touche Eclat foundation. It's really light, natural and there's no need for reapplication throughout the day. However, the price tag does put a damper on a perfect product - a lovely £25. Definitely not the cheapest, but for someone who is a frequent buyer of Benefit's High Beam at £18.50, the jump doesn't seem as great for a product that can be used in so many different ways. I can now officially say that the iconic highlighter has found itself another frequent buyer - this is taking up permanent residence in my makeup bag. It may seem a bit steep, but for a product thats been going strong for over 25 years, it's got to be something special.

You can purchase YSL Touche Eclat Highlighter Pen for £25 at your local YSL counter.


*Click here to enter my giveaway to win a MAC lipstick in a shade of your choice!*

Be sure to vote for Sophie Says for the NEXT Newcomer Blog Award at this years Cosmopolitan Blog Awards HERE!

1 comment:

  1. Great review, i'm really tempted to get a YSl Touche eclat now that there are more colours, hmm :)

    Sophierosehearts, currently having an 100 follower giveaway :) x

    ReplyDelete