Thursday 19 July 2012

Review: Revlon 'Just Bitten Kissable' Balm Stain in 'Cherish Devotion'

Lip stains and crayons are all the rage this summer, with practically every mainstream cosmetic brand releasing a variation of the popular product.

Beginning with the Chubby Stick from Clinique, these crayons ensure easy application, storage and come in many long-lasting, moisturising colours.
I've been a fan of Revlon for a while now, however it was their gorgeous Colourburst lip butters that made them one of my favourite brands for lip products. I'd heard many great reviews on their 'Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm' and this gave me the confidence to test their newest product: Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain - a combination between the already existed lipstain product, and a lip crayon.

This new product comes in 12 shades, ranging from glamourous red and deep plum, to sheer coral and pastel pink. There really is a colour for everyone, which made me excited that I could purchase more shades for different occasions if I was satisfied by the product. 


As suggested, the stick resembles a crayon, and has a retractable crayon that can be adjusted using the silver end of the stick. As you can see I opted for a pink (Shocker, I know!) but I decided to change it up a little and go for a brighter shade that can be worn on a night out.


The tip is slightly darker because it's just been used, but as you can see the actual crayon is quite thick, and as it is retractable there is certainly a lot of product. This product is designed as a fusion of a ultra-moisturising balm and a vibrant lip colour, and I found that it was so creamy it literally glided onto my lips. As you can see, the swatch on the bottom of the crayon is true to the shade, which is sometimes a bit of a difficult task for Revlon (I'm still moaning about the Peach Parfait swatches!).

I love that it illiminates the extra step of adding a balm ontop of a lip colour, as the last lip stain by Revlon was designed. Combination products are on the rise, people want maximum results with minimum effort and reduced application time (take BB creams for an example!) and this definitely ticks all of those boxes. Being designed as a crayon makes it a perfect product for beginners, allowing you to essentially draw on your colour. Here's what it looked like on:



With flash:

 It's a gorgeously vibrant pink, that feels like a balm but looks like a lipstick. As it's considered a stain I was expecting it to last just as long as other lip stains, but as it is infused with a balm it doesn't last quite as long but it definitely took a few hours before needing to reapply, however it does come off when eating and drinking etc.

Overall I am so impressed with this product. It fits snuggly into my handbag, easy to apply and has a great end result. The colours are definitely a lot less sheer than I expected from a product that is combined with a balm, making it great to carry around in a purse on a night out, and will provide your lips with plenty of moisture throughout wear. I can't wait to get my hands on some more gorgeous shades!

You can purchase Revlon 'Just Bitten Kissable' Balm Stain at your local Boots or Superdrug or online here for a reasonable £7.99.

Be sure to vote for Sophie Says for the NEXT Newcomer Blog Award at this years Cosmopolitan Blog Awards HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment