Sunday 29 July 2012

My "Silhouette" Competition Entry

When public relations company Immediate PR announced a competition to re-create a celebrity hairstyle, I jumped at the chance to enter. I've never been a hair expert (I couldn't successfully put my hair into a ponytail without help until I was 17!) but I really wanted to try something new and be in with a chance of winning a designer handbag. 

I was really excited when I was emailed to say that I had qualified and was sent 3 amazing products to recreate a celebrity silhoutte from the Schwarzkopf Silhouette range:

  • Colour Brilliance Mousse
  • Colour Brilliance Hairspray
  • Colour Brilliance Extreme Gloss Spray
So without further ado, here's my entry:


I was inspired by this picture of Vanessa Hudgen, purely because i've been fascinated by fishtail braids, and i'll admit that this is the first time I have ever tried one. Like I said, I am really not great at hair, but I gave it my best shot.

I decided to use my sister as a model, purely because she has nicer hair and it's naturally wavy and has that boho look. As you can see the whole style is a lot looser than the picture of Vanessa Hudgens, but I wanted it to be a lot more relaxed and achieve that "Just threw this together" look.

I put the hair into a low side ponytail at the nape of the neck and fastened with a clear hairband.
I then split the hair into two parts, and took a part from the first part and crossed it over into part 2 - and continued back to part 1. It really wasn't difficult once you stop thinking about it and realise that you're just essentially making crosses. I ensured that I kept it loose and relaxed, shaking the braid as I went.



I then secured the end with another clear band, and wrapped a pearl bracelet around it as I really love Vanessa's quirky hair accessory! I then took some scissors and carefully cut the top clear elastic so the hair naturally swept over the shoulder into the braid. I then fastened stray hairs around the back with pins and sprayed with the Silhoutte Colour Brilliance Hairspray to secure the strays and the loose waves that I kept free at the front of the hair. When photographing I ended up pinning back one of the loose bits of hair, as I preferred just having one side loose. Lastly, I finished off the look with some Silhouette Color Brilliance Extreme Gloss Spray so her hair looked glossy and gorgeous.

So there you have it, I hope you like! These products definitely helped perfect the look, and although i'm a terrible hair stylist i'm extremely happy with it!

Be sure to vote for Sophie Says for the NEXT Newcomer Blog Award at this years Cosmopolitan Blog Awards HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment