Thursday 23 August 2012

YSL Touche Eclat Foundation

I don't want to speak too soon, but I think i've found my holy grail foundation. Most of my reviews on here tend to be quite positive because i'm really selective with what I buy, but this will probably be the most positive yet.
After 20 years after the launch of the iconic Touche Eclat highlighter pen (Review will be coming very soon!) YSL have released a foundation that encapsulates all that's great about the legendary beauty staple - with added extras!

Every time I look for a foundation, i'm always hestitant due to the lack of choices - 'light', 'medium' etc. - every one's skintone is slightly different and YSL have taken this on board and released Le Teint Touche Eclat in a staggering 22 different shades, making it impossible for you to find a colour that won't suit you! Before the purchase I was colour matched to two different shades that had slightly different undertones which has never happened before! After coming to the conclusion that my skin more of a pink undertone instead of yellow (How precise!) I settled for BR10 - Beige Rouge 10.


The foundation comes in a generous 30ml, with a removable lid and a simple push-pump that distributes the perfect amount of product for application.



You can definitely see that the foundation has a slight pink 'tinge' to it, which I find odd that my skin is that colour! But once blended, you can hardly tell that i've applied anything at all! I hate when people swatch foundation and you can clearly see where it is 'blended', but with this foundation it is designed to enhance, not create a mask. It's unique formula targets shadow areas, evening out the skin and giving you a natural glow. Touche Eclat foundation has been used on shoots and catwalks by countless professionals, and it's easy to see why! The foundation allows my skin to breathe, it's light and non-greasy so it's great for oily skin sufferers like myself. I'm not going to go on and list everything I like about it as we'll be here forever, but this is by far the best i've had and refuse to be without it now. I love that it has good coverage but doesn't come across like a 'mask' as many do, as it's easy to blend so you aren't left with dreaded lines along your cheekbones where it hasn't blended in properly with your neck.

It retails for £28 which is quite reasonable for a high-end foundation, but generally is quite pricey. However, it is definitely worth it. It's a product that you can tell has been worked on profusely for so long, ensuring that is perfect. It's completely unique, and can only be enhanced further when accompanied by the Touche Eclat highlighter! If you're not convinced yet, I urge you to go and at least get matched at your local YSL counter - you'll fall in love with it, I promise.

You can purchase YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat for £28 at your local YSL counter or on the official YSL website here.

*Click here to enter my giveaway to win a MAC lipstick in a shade of your choice!*

Be sure to vote for Sophie Says for the NEXT Newcomer Blog Award at this years Cosmopolitan Blog Awards HERE!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow you have sold this foundation to me completely, i agree for £28 and what everyone says about it, this seems like a very reasonably priced high-end foundation! I must tryyy this :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I have been trying this after getting a sample, and I don't see the fuss. There's just not enough coverage for me and I find it impossible to build up. I'm glad it's working for you though :) xo

    ReplyDelete