Monday 31 October 2011

Review: Witch Blemish Stick



I was flicking through the latest Cosmo and came across this beauty when they were reviewing the best spot treatments. Since starting University i've been really stressed out trying to get back into the routine of being in education, and whenever I get stressed I tend to break out. So I thought i'd give this a try.

It claims to: "Break down excess oils and fight the bacteria that causes spots".

The key ingredient is witch hazel (Hence the brand 'Witch'!), which a natural growing plant that helps soothe and balance problem skin.

What I like most about this product is the simplicity. You just push up the stick from the bottle of the tube, and apply to the problem area as much as you'd like. There's no " Make sure you wash your hands." or "Only put it on once a day.", it's just apply whenever you feel like! What I also like is that when you apply it you feel a slight sting. I know this probably isn't a good thing for everyone and sometimes it can be quite painful so be careful, but it makes me feel like it's working against the bacteria and it's healing my skin.
It's compact and brightly coloured, so I can always find it when it's buried amoungst my things in my bag.

I put it on once every hour or so for about 6 hours before I went to bed, and I woke up in the morning it seemed to have sped up the process healing my spots. Most of them were almost completely healed and the redness had gone. You need to persist with it until they are completely gone because the bacteria can always linger, but it literally likes a second to sweep it across your face whenever you need it.

It retails at £2.75 in most pharmacies and supermarkets (I got mine from Boots!), and it does the job. Pure and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment