Thursday 3 January 2013

Essie's 'A List'

Happy 2013 everyone!

I haven't made any formal resolutions this year, only to ensure that I don't put this blog on the back-burner like I have done for the last part of 2012. Throughout my time at University, this has been the one thing that has essentially kept me sane and reminded me of why I put myself through the stress that I do. Now, that's enough with the sentimental stuff!

Essie* have been a brand that I have been meaning to try for a long time. Being a bright and matte obsessive, usually it's Barry M that immediately catches my attention. But as more and more people have jumped on the burgendy bandwagon, I knew this would be a perfect opportunity to try another brand - so here is Essie's A List*.

As you can see, it's a gorgeously deep burgundy/red that is perfect to depict to depict the warmth of the holiday season. Comparing the product in the bottle to the nail it matches perfectly, ensuring there wouldn't be the nasty surprise of a different colour on your nail to what you first thought.
I applied two very thin coats, and the colour covered perfectly and didn't chip for at least a week after application.

I can officially say i've been converted to Essie polishes, due to their excellent quality and choice of colours. For £7.99 these are polishes that I will buy sparingly, but in comparison to Nails Inc polishes that are approx £10, the quality is exactly the same in my opinion.

Glossy, pigmented and glides effortlessly onto the nail, 'A List'* has been my go-to colour this holiday and I can't wait to try out more colours in Essie's product range! Hope you had an excellent Christmas and New Year!

You can purchase Essie's 'A List' amoungst other colours from your local Boots, or online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment