Wednesday 26 March 2014

Garnier Moisture Match Moisturiser

I have such a love-hate relationship with my skin. There are days when I couldn't be happier with it, but on the days where my skin seems to hate me it couldn't get much worse. I've always had a mostly normal skin type, with the odd oily T-Zone and dry skin around my chin (Which is more recent.. beard rash is a total bitch!). However, my skin seems to be quite picky with moisturisers. If I switch to one it doesn't like, I wake up every morning with at least two new spots, and then they start bringing friends! So really I needed something that was just going to keep my skin balanced. 

Moisture Match is a range from Garnier containing five different moisturises specifically tailored for a certain skin type. This range caters for normal, normal/dry, dry/very dry, dull and combination/oily skin types, each boasting particular ingredients that normalise the skin and keep it looking at its best. I decided to go for the moisturiser for normal skin as I love anything with a bit of SPF into it, as well as its radiance-boosting formula enriched with lemon extract. 






I have to say, i've had no problems so far when using this moisturiser. I hate speaking so soon, which is why I waited a couple of weeks before reviewing incase I start gushing about it and then it completely backfires. This moisturiser is just as light as it claims and i've found you only need to tiniest pea-sized amount to cover the entire face. It's the first moisturiser that I feel comfortable massaging into my skin without fear of leaving it feeling greasy. So far no spots have emerged and my skin feels really soft and brighter, with no leftover residue after application.

I love the idea of tailoring a product to a certain skin type, there's something really personal about it that makes me feel that my skin's really being taken care of. However, I think next time i'll experiment with the moisturiser for combination skin so that my skin is always protected from the odd shiny T-zone day. For £5.99 this is such a bargain I feel like I can afford to experiment as it doesn't put too much strain on my bank balance as well as my complexion! Not sure what skintype you are? Head on over to the Moisture Match section of the Garnier website to see what moisturiser would be best for you! 

You can purchase the Moisture Match range from your local Boots, Superdrug or supermarket for £5.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment