Tuesday 7 October 2014

Dolce & Gabbana Classic Cream Lipstick in 115 Delight

Oh hello!

I hope you're enjoying your week...

I've not tried many D&G cosmetics as i've never really been drawn to the packaging (Let's face it, pretty packaging helps!) and there hasn't been anything that's really made me want to rush out and buy it right there and then, so I thought i'd start off slow and try out this Dolce & Gabbana Classic Cream Lipstick in 115 Delight*. Once again, quite a safe colour choice, but I always tend to start off well within my comfort zone when I try a new brand.

It's a nude shade with a hint of coral and is designed to be moisturising whilst delivering really strong pigmentation. I'm becoming a massive fan of creamy lipsticks recently, so I thought this one would be ideal. It comes in a shiny gold case and is fragranced with the iconic D&G dusty rose, which I think is a really lovely touch - there are too many cosmetic brands that have their products smelling like chemicals.





I'm really not a fan of the colour. I'd imagine it would look great on someone with darker skin, but its just too light for me and I hate that I have a faint outline of my lips around it - I know this could be corrected with a lipliner but it's just irritating when this is supposed to be a low-key colour. It definitely has a strong colour pay-off and it's certainly creamy. It's meant to be long-lasting, but I found it's quite average and came off completely after i'd had a drink.

Overall this is an alright lipstick, but definitely not one i'd run out and repurchase for £24 - that's ridiculously steep for a standard lipstick. However, it does come in 46 colours - so if you're a fan of D&G and want something with high pigmentation this could be the one for you. However, I have a feeling this will end up buried at the back of my lipstick drawer. Shame! :(

On a more personal note, i've recently started my new job and moved to Tunbridge Wells with Rob. It's all very new and quite a lot of things are still in boxes, making blogging quite hard. I can't wait to sort things and get back into it again! So this will be the start of me getting back into blogging properly now I can get into a routine again. I'm so excited! 

You can purchase the Dolce & Gabbana Classic Cream Lipstick range for £24 each at your local counter or online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment