Wednesday 3 September 2014

Urban Decay Full Frontal Lipstick Stash

Two posts in one month, things are already looking up for Sophie Says! Haha.

It's safe to say that lipstick is my favourite beauty item, ever. Everything about it is just so easy - no frills packaging, quick to apply, easy to swatch and review. That is precisely why i'm so excited about the Urban Decay Full Frontal Lipstick Stash* - a selection of gorgeous limited edition and best selling lipsticks in little travel sizes. It's the perfect set for any lipstick lover, giving a great opportunity to experiment with reds, pinks and neutrals. 




Gaaahh! It's like a treasure chest! As amazing as the lipsticks are, I was even more impressed with the full-sized 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Ozone - the first invisible lipliner i've ever tried and originally retailing at £13. It's only been recently that i've given their lip pencils a try (Have a look at the review here), and so far i've been really loving them, with this one being no different. It's great if you like to switch up your lip colours and don't want to invest in a million different shades of liner, but of course its only ideal if the lipstick shade is highly pigmented and doesn't need any extra hep from the liner. 


Look how cute these little lipsticks are! When I first saw them, I wasn't convinced as I thought the bullet would just snap when applied, but I was definitely wrong. The bullet distributes a lot of colour without cracking. They're perfect for nights out or when you want to just chuck one in your handbag and go.


How strong are these colours? That's with a single stroke! Words can't describe how great these shades are.

Ladyflower

When swatched on my arm its quite a dusty pink, but its actually a pretty bright fuschia. This would be a pretty great day colour, and it was actually the first colour I wore from the collection as I was instantly drawn to it. Very pretty!

Crush

I'm so impressed with this! It's by far the brightest pink I own. It's definitely more of an evening colour and goes perfectly with the invisible liner - there's no need for a coloured liner to intensify this even further! 

Illicit

This would usually be my go-to colour as its described as a sheer baby pink. It's a bit frostier than I would usually choose for myself, but its a great day colour for when you want to keep things natural but don't want to go completely bare. 

 Gash

Wow, I love this colour. It's a shade darker than a classic red and is really flattering. The invisible liner helps stop the product bleeding, but when it comes to such a statement colour, I think a visible line to work with would be a lot easier. 

Liar

This is probably my least favourite, although when photographed it doesn't look too bad. It's a pink-brown nude, that I would imagine was included as its supposed to be a universal nude, but i'm just not a fan of the colour on me. It's too brown, where as I like my nudes to be a bit more pink. However, I would imagine it would be a great nude shade for slightly darker skin tones, perhaps. 

F-Bomb

This is a seriously glamorous red. It's great, but its a bit too intense for me. Would be amazing for someone with amazing lips, but mine are pretty flat and would require some over-lining which you can't really do with an invisible liner and its at risk of looking really fake. 

Overall I am so impressed with this. It's such a fun little kit with serious pigmentation. They're long-lasting, hydrating and have such intensity the little bullet will last for ages. It's great for someone who's torn between shades or wants a little taster of some of the shades available at Urban Decay. It's not something i'd repurchase as there are certainly better colours for me than others, but it would make a great little gift (whether it be for yourself or not!) that I would recommend to any lipstick lover.

Unfortunately I don't have the release for this, meaning that i'm going to be really annoying now. It's not available yet in the UK, but should be available in the next few weeks in the US, so it won't be too long before it'll be hitting the shelves in your local Urban Decay counters or online. It should be around £24.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I love their lipsticks, so I will have to pick this up!

    http://mollyandstacie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome .. I really love them too, i've definitely been converted! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to see this has been reviewed by a UK blogger - here I was freaking out that it might be US exclusive! Fingers crossed we get a release soon as it's available for our US friends now :) Fab post, gave me a feel for the actual size of the lipsticks - they look perfect for me as I am very much in the want to try more colours but don't want to buy a load full size and full price camp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, its great to give you a feel for the colours and the formula without investing too much! :) x

      Delete
  4. Everyone look so pretty! I have several UD lipsticks but none of these (except I do have a sample size of Gash) so it's worth for me to invest in this set. I'm sorry you didn't like Liar, but as I am half Korean, maybe the shade (as you pointed) out would work well with my complexion. Thank you for posting this as it's a really big help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I definitely would invest in this! It is a shame about Liar as I really liked the way it looked when it was swatched, but yeah I think it would really suit you! No problem :) x

      Delete
  5. I am SO buying this, they're amazing lipsticks, my favourite kind, so I can't pass up this amazing value!! I'll have to keep my eyes open for when it launches as I predict a quick sell out!! :) x

    Beauty She Wrote..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I got this set, I can't wait to try the others! I agree, hopefully you can pre-order or reserve so you don't miss out!! :) x

      Delete