Thursday 9 January 2014

MAC Japanese Maple Cremesheen Lipstick

Well, hello there!
No, I didn't die or emigrate to an exotic island, i've been completely buried until a pile of final-year university work. If you follow me on twitter you'll realise this, as every other tweet describes me wanting to bang my head against my desk trying to get things done before deadline. Anyway, i'm slowly easing myself back into blogging, mostly reviewing things that i've picked up when i've had much-needed retail therapy breaks. So, a nice an easy one - my latest addition to my MAC collection, Japanese Maple



Part of the super moisturising Cremesheen range, Japanese Maple is described as a 'frosted light beige' and could potentially be my nude lipstick shade. With an ever-so slight undertone of pale pink, it flatters my skin tone making a perfect pick for pale girls. It's not something I would wear during the day as I keep my eyeshadow quite low-key, but this would be an ideal contrast with a dramatic smokey eye. The creamy finish enables my lips to stay soft, and the shade has such a strong pigment that lasts ages! It's not recommended if you like keeping things natural as you're at risk of the dreaded 'concealer lips' - use this as the ideal opportunity to finally try out that daring eyeshadow you thought you couldn't pull off, this shade is sure to compliment it. Overall, i'm extremely impressed.. the hunt for the perfect nude lipstick is finally over.

You can purchase Japanese Maple at your local MAC counter or online here for £15. 

2 comments:

  1. Hope your final year uni work is going okay! That lipstick looks lovely on you!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award!

    Check it out here: http://thepastelgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    Beth x

    ReplyDelete