Wednesday 11 September 2013

My Go-To Hair Tutorial Videos!

I suck at doing hair. No, seriously - i'm awful. It was well into my teens when I even considered running a brush through it, let alone a pair of straighteners. Some people have the knack for hair styling, some just don't. I've watched countless tutorials where people claim the style is simple, when its obvious they've either spent years perfecting it or they have a Tony & Guy stylist controlling their arms like a puppet.

So instead of filming an awkward tutorial where I claim to know what i'm doing when its clear i'm still a newbie, i've decided to post my favourite simple hair tutorials that I refer back to time and time again.

Llmlrs is a blogger that I have followed for a long time now. I adore her high street style but what i'm really envious of is her trademark bedhead look. I stumbled across this tutorial and was instantly amazed by how simple it was. With fine, flat hair like mine its nice to add a bit of a wave to add a bit of volume, and this is done with a pair of straightners!



This next tutorial features one of the best curling tools I have come across: The Enrapture Totem Styler. I've experimented with creating curls with various straighteners, wands and heated rollers and none of them compare to the simplicity of this styling wand. Here's the tutorial I used the first time I used this amazing product.



I have massive hair-envy for Zoella. Whether its a messy bun or glamorous curls, she manages to look effortless with a hint of glam. As simple as it seems, I picked up many tips on adding volume and how to create the perfect messy ponytail. I'm yet to attempt the fishtail braid, but it's definitely on my to-do list!

I'm pretty simple when it comes to hairstyles (I'm usually brush, dry shampoo and go!), so hopefully these have given you a bit of an introduction on how to be a bit more creative with fine, limp hair. I'm always keen to explore new styles, so post a link to your favourite hair tutorial vids below!

No comments:

Post a Comment