Thursday 12 September 2013

Mississipi Mud Pie


One of the things I really wanted to do this year was bake. My kitchen last year was a bit of a mess and was used mostly as a dumping ground for empty beer bottles, so you can imagine my excitement when my housemate Beth, who blogs as The Pastel Girl, suggested we make a pie as part of her dedication to The Great British Bake Off.

I'm not a big fan of fruit pies, so when we came across the recipe for a Mississipi Mud Pie which consisted of a mountain of chocolate, sugar and whipped cream.. SOLD!

Beth making the pie crust!

Ready for the oven - I could have just eaten it right there and then!


Tada! It tasted amazing, almost like a soft brownie. Next time i'd like a bit less whipped cream as i'm not the biggest fan, but overall I really enjoyed it and would love to make it again. It was extremely simple and, despite a few mishaps involving a loose bottom pie dish and a broken whisk, a lot of fun. I'm definitely going to start posting a few more cooking posts on here, as I love food almost as much as I love beauty products.

The full recipe can be found on Beth's blog. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment