Sunday 22 February 2015

New Skincare Staples


For those who enjoy wearing make-up on a daily basis, a thorough skin routine is simply a must-have. As much as I love beauty products, it's no surprise that piling all these different products onto your skin can cause it a lot of distress if it's not taken care of properly. Adopting a great skin routine is great for tackling spots, redness, dullness and creates an amazing blank canvas that makes applying make-up an absolute dream. It's taken me a while to find a combination of products that work well for me as my skin doesn't react very well to change and it jumps between normal, combination and sensitive, but I think I may have finally found it! So here are my new skincare staples that I just can't stop raving about: 

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

I've been using this for so long now and I am absolutely in love with it. It's a one-step make-up remover and cleanser that's amazing for removing almost every trace of product on your skin, including waterproof mascara. It's not irritating, heavily perfumed or dry in any way and makes removing your make-up an absolute breeze. It comes in such a big bottle (400ml, which is crazy!) but remember that you really only need a small drop to start breaking down the make-up. The only issue I have with this is that the bottle is just so big that I wish it came in a mini size for when I travel1 Other than that, I have absolutely no issue with this product and I know for certain I won't be looking for anything else. 

Origins A Perfect World Deep Cleanser

I've been using this foaming cleanser since the beginning of the year and i've been absolutely loving it. I was sceptical at first as it was described to me as a cleanser for all skin types, which I immediately interpret that it wouldn't actually focus on any specifics, but I was definitely proved wrong. Containing detoxifying White Tea, it's an amazing antioxidant that leaves the skin feeling squeaky clean and expertly cleansed. I use it morning and night before applying my moisturiser so it takes off any last trace of make-up and preps my skin for the rest of my skincare routine. 

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

This is my latest addition and is definitely the most luxurious. I decided to take the plunge and give it a try after hearing about it on various Zoella blogs. Containing cooling avocado, this moisturising eye cream is super thick and extremely hydrating. Sometimes I do struggle with the amount I need to put on as a little does go a long way, but i've only been using it for about a month and I already see a huge improvement. It's designed to reduce darkness underneath the eyes as well as reduce any puffiness, which it most certainly does. My eyes feel brighter and look more awake than they ever have done! I usually put on a slighter thicker layer at night and give it the whole night to sink in and then continue with my moisturiser. 

Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser

I've gone through so many moisturisers i've lost count. I get really impatient that I don't see or feel the results straight away so I move onto the next one, but with this Origin's moisturiser I really feel like this could be the product. Enriched with energising GinZing and Coffee Bean, this light, oil-free moisturiser glides onto the skin and instantly brightens and refreshes. I notice especially in the morning after my evening application that my skin looks considerably more vibrant and effortlessly soft. It makes my skin look amazing underneath my make-up as it gives off just enough glow to shine through and make it look like i've had 12 hours sleep! It is quite expensive (Prices start from £23), but if your skin feels really dull, dark and in need of a boost, I would definitely recommend investing in this skin saviour. I've used it morning and night for around 6 weeks and i'm hooked! 


No comments:

Post a Comment