Monday 20 May 2013

Bourjois Paris BB Bronzing Cream

Being a pale person, any products that contain the words 'bronzing' or 'tanning' scare me. The last thing i'd want to be is someone with a brown face and white body or look like i've rubbed a melted bar of milk chocolate onto my face. Yes I know that may sound stupid, but for someone that has little to no colour to them at all even the slightest bit makes a massive difference.

I'd been hoping to try a BB cream for a while, purely because I was curious what all the fuss was about and missed the initial 'hype' surrounding it. However, when I came across the BB Bronzing Cream from Bourjois on one of my regular Boots browses, I was intrigued. Not only did it claim to possess the qualities one would expect from a BB cream, it also incorporated a bronzer that was allegedly a 'universal shade'.


Looking at the swatched product before blending, there would be no way that anyone would believe that they could match my skin tone. As you can see from the blended swatch, there is a slight bronze that looks more like I just decided to swatch a foundation two shades darker than my match.

As you can see, there's next to no colour difference at all. There is an ever-so-slight tinge of colour that is so slight you can't tell the difference on camera. Bronzing aside, as a BB cream it has a lot more promise. It provides natural coverage, tones down the redness on my cheeks and nose, and makes my skin appear brighter. The only negative I will say is that although it does claim to be moisturising, I found it quite hard to apply and create an even coverage without the aid of a primer - it was quite dry. It doesn't quite provide 16-hour moisturisation; I found that throughout the day I needed to reapply as my skin started to dry out.
For £6.99 its pretty good value for what it does, but it's certainly not as versatile as it claims to be.

Overall it's pretty mediocre. It has more promise as a BB cream, but in future I think i'll stick with bronzing powder and some light contouring if I fancy a bit of colour.

You can purchase Bourjois Paris BB Bronzing Cream from your local Boots for £6.99 (RRP: £9.99)


6 comments:

  1. Ooh sounds interesting! Your eyes are so blue and lovely btw :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo this sounds like a really interesting product! May have to give it a try. I find that long lasting foundations do tend to be quite dry x

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realise that now, i'll definitely keep that in mind if I ever get around to buy another one :) x

      Delete
  3. I've been so intrigued about this! I'm going on holiday so I thought this would be good to use instead of a foundation, especially with a tan. In your opinion, do you think it would be alright for that? Is it heavy or sticky or anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, i've only just seen this! I'd definitely agree that it would be better with someone with a tan - it also claims to prelong it which would be interesting to see. It's not sticky but it is a tad heavy, I could feel it on my skin as the day went on! x

      Delete